I hope you are all doing well with the demands of this new semester. I know I am finding it challenging but rewarding in many ways. I recently created a Wheel of Fortune review game for my students and thought I would share it on the blog for this month's posting. I have posted a link below. I was not sure how the students would respond to the game but they seemed to enjoy it. What I liked most about using this as a review activity was that I noticed the students who understood these concepts were teaching the students who were struggling. Also, when a team answered a calculation question correctly, someone from the team had to present the solution on the board. This seemed to help the struggling students as well. I was surprised to hear the students using the exact same words I had used to explain these concepts while they were presenting their solutions. That was encouraging since I sometimes wonder if they are actually listening. Maybe they are...
Here's a link to the game-
http://docs.google.com/EmbedSlideshow?docid=ddnmss6g_0gprf3zf4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cristi
Thank you for sharing your game and the feedback from your own experience using it. It sounds like it ended up meeting your expectations and maybe beyond!? I think the idea of having the students write the solutions on the board was incredibly smart!
Hi Cristi,
That is so cool. I want to use some sort of review game with my students, too. It just has not happened yet. When you did the game, did you use the data projector or did you just project it on your TV? We have never used the data projector in my class, so if you did, I am wondering how it worked... Anyway, less than 2 months of classes! I think we can make it!
Autumn
Post a Comment